Listen, learn, and do better. This is the work. I hope some of the following will help.
- Lawrence Hill says good riddance Aunt Jemima and goodbye to Uncle Ben, too. The Globe and Mail
Hal Johnson of Bodybreak explains how the show was a response to racism.
- Justin Worland: America’s long-overdue awakening to systemic racism. Time
Ibram X. Kendi: the difference between antiracist and not racist. TED
- Tonya Mosley and Alison Hagan: Angela Davis says protests are “an extraordinary moment,” recognizing long overdue antiracist work. WBUR
- Lynn Brown tells the story of Juneteenth. JSTOR Daily
- Malcolm Venable recommends nine great movies and TV shows to watch in celebration of Juneteenth. TV Guide
- Meiko Temple lists more than 65 Black food bloggers who share their favorite recipes. kitchn
Jessica Zucker wonders if you’re feeling anxious as the country reopens? You’re not alone. Vogue
Gloria Liu: walking is making a major comeback. Outside
Katelyn Burns introduces us to the trans kids helped by a pioneering project. The Guardian
Matthew Sherrill wonders why John Ackerman is buying up America’s underground. Outside
PBS Eons looks at the world before plate tectonics.
Ethan Siegal explains the science behind the ridiculous headline: 36 alien civilizations in the Milky Way? Forbes
Chris Lee reveals what life on a movie set will look like in 2020. The Vulture
True facts about cats’ killer senses. Ze Frank
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you took away something that will support your next creative project.
Until next tipsday, be well and stay safe, be kind, and stay strong. The world needs your stories.