It’s time to get your mental corn popping.
Because I’m listening and learning and want to do better:
- Michael Harriot provides a timeline of events that led to the 2020 “fed up” rising. The Root
- Ibram X. Kendi exposes the American nightmare. The Atlantic
- Barack Obama explains how to make this moment the turning point for real change. Medium
- Kathleen Newman-Bremang: the pandemic of Black trauma will never end. Refinery 29
What a future without police could look like. Desmond Cole. Walrus talks.
Lawrence Hill on racism in Canada and the US after George Floyd’s death. CBC
- Jamie Bradburn: the story of Ontario’s last segregated Black school. TVO
Nadia Drake covers the Dragon capsule docking with the International Space Station. National Geographic
Dave Mosher: SpaceX’s Endeavour spaceship has made history by docking with the International Space Station with two NASA astronauts. Business Insider
SciShow Psych delves into the reason we’re having weird covid dreams.
Jessica Stewart shares this ancient Roman mosaic discovered in pristine condition beneath a vineyard in Italy. My Modern Met
Jennifer Pattison Tuohy: the beginner’s guide to propagating houseplants. Dwell
Emily Chung: these Canadian species are found nowhere else on Earth. CBC
Jake Rossen figures out what pets see when they watch television. Mental Floss
Thanks for visiting and I hope you found something to inspire a future creative project.
Until next tipsday, be well and stay safe, be kind, and stay strong. The world needs your stories.