What can I say about September? First, I’m back on track. Second, I finished drafting Marushka and am well on my way to having a finished draft of Gerod and the Lions.
Marushka ended up at a tidy 73,961 words altogether, or 97% of my 75k goal. As it’s a YA fantasy, I’m quite happy with that.
I’m going to set my sights a little lower with GatL than my original 50k goal. I think 40k should be enough. With revision and editing, It will likely settle somewhere around 45k, which is pretty perfect for a middle grade (MG) novel.
I did some more work on my query letter and am now preparing my next batch. To make up for missing August and September, I’m going to send out in batches of 10 queries for the next two months. I might do this in batches of five every couple of weeks. We’ll see.
I’m also making good progress on my outline for Reality Bomb (working title), which should be complete in time for its drafting in NaNoWriMo 2015. I’m on chapter 21 of 36, so I think I’m in a good place. I should note that as I’m writing this outline in a notebook, by hand, in my own, rather chaotic, cursive, that I’m not counting these words on my spreadsheet.
As far as the short fiction is concerned, I continue to revise and submit, but I haven’t had any positive response recently.
Here’s how things broke down in September:
- The blog has once again taken over as my most productive medium with 6,466 words;
- In second place is GatL with 5,691 words;
- Marushka clocked in at 1,776 words;
- My query rewrites totalled 116 words; and
- I revised 79 words of short fiction.
Total words generated in September: 14,128.
There were only four days where I didn’t record any word count, but those days, I was likely working on my outline.
I’m settling into the writing life again after all my trials and tribulations this year. It feels good. It feels freaking fantastic.
And now, I’m going to try to get a few words in for October 3rd before Doctor Who 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend, all!
And we’ll see you again on Tuesday for more Writerly Goodness.