I haven’t received one of these in a while and so it was a pleasant surprise when Cassie of My Etch-a-Sketch Life nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award.
Awwww . . . THANKS!
So I have to share seven things about myself (I’ve decided to list seven things that make me happy):
- I met my BFF in grade three. Yes, we’re still friends, and no, I’m not telling you how long it’s been.
- My university roomie, after a decade (at least) during which we lost contact with each other, got in touch with me recently.
- I’ve just joined a writing/critique group with five other women. Our second meeting will be on Sunday.
- My husband of twenty years (whee!) does all the cooking and consequently all the grocery shopping. This is a real blessing for writer Mellie.
- I have three novels drafted and two more in progress. All are fantasy of various kinds.
- This year, I’ve had two paid publications of science fiction short stories and won a second place prize for another short story of a paranormal bent. Writerly income (even a little) rocks 🙂
- Writing. It’s who I am and what I do. It makes me Snoopy-dance happy, #furiouslyhappy.
Now I’m supposed to nominate people to continue the chain. Most of the time the people I nominate don’t play along. So I’m going to take a page from another (much cooler) writer, Veronica Sicoe, who was also asked to participate in this blog award challenge.
You are all hereby nominated. Yes. I’m a big, fat cheat. Participate if you are so moved. Otherwise, I hope these seven bits of my incredibly boring life entertained.