Last night, I hosted an @M2the5th Twitterview with Jamie Raintree, author of women’s fiction.
I was a little nervous, but it was a blast!
For those of you who missed it, here’s the link to the Storify: http://storify.com/LaraBrittWrites/mto5-author-twitterview-jamie-raintree (lovingly created by Lori).
You can get an idea about what a twitterview involves and how much fun it can be. The point of a twitterview? To help the twitterviewee engage her audience, promote her work, and develop her online platform. I hope we managed to do all of the above for Jamie last night.
I would never have survived without the support and assistance of Lori and Amy, the @M2the5th dream team. They have the twittervew down to a science. It’s awesome to have professionals on your side.
Here’s a little bit about Jamie:
She lives with her husband of 7 years and is a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) of two daughters.
She started writing fan fiction in middle school and finished her first novel length manuscript during NaNoWriMo 2008. She’s been hooked on writing since.
What interests Jamie: the strength and depth of the female spirit, who we fall in love with and why, what tears us apart, what little things can help make love last.
Jamie also has a YouTube channel and has produced two videos: one discusses balance in your day – how she balances her creative life and her family responsibilities; the other discusses happiness in the context of what inspires her to write. Jamie has promised there will be more to come.
Here’s how you can keep in touch with Jamie online:
- Website: http://jamieraintree.com/ – She has a newsletter you can sign up for. Get news, free fiction, motivation, and writing tools and tips.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jamieraintree
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jamieraintree
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jamieraintree/
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jamieraintree
- Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10976167-jamie-raintree
- Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/JamieRaintree
Now that Jamie has an agent, we’ll be eagerly awaiting her first traditionally published novel! No pressure, dear 😉