I could have multiple personality disorder. Maybe it’s just an alter-ego. I might be a mutt :) You decide.
By day, I’m a mild-mannered corporate trainer. By night, I brave the tyranny of the empty, or the not-so-empty, page and become Writerly Goodness. So this blog will be dedicated to my two passions: learning, and writing.
Why not set up two blogs then, you ask?
Simple, because both learning and writing are part of my life, and neither is truly separable from the other. They feed one another and converge in wonderfully serendipitous ways, all of which I’ll share with you.
- Alchemy Ink: my thoughts on process and the craft of writing, plus my weekly writing curation (Tipsday) and my weekly inspiration/research curation (Thoughty Thursday).
- Authorial name dropping: interviews, workshops, conferences, retreats, and other places I’ve gone, the authors I’ve met, and what became of it.
- My history as a so-called writer: how my creative life began and where it got me. This won’t be purely confessional, though it will sometimes be agonized. You have been warned :)
- Work in progress: this is about the writing of my first novel and what it’s taught me (so far). I won’t be excerpting from my work, but I will delve into aspects such as character development, world building, outlining, and revision strategies.
- Select poetry: my published poems.
- Excerpts of short stories: my published short stories. Not excerpts, as I had planned, but I can’t seem to change the category name now and until I have the time to create a new category and move everything into it, it stays :)
- This writer’s life. This is a new category and I am slowly moving my previously uncategorized posts into it. This is just a place to put in all those bits and pieces that don’t fit anywhere else. Most of my Nuala posts will be found here, as well as those posts about gardening, renovations, and other things that are part of this writer’s life, but may not be directly connected to my writing per se.
- Breaking open the mind: my day job and the things I’m learning as a result of, or in spite of it.
So feel free to like, comment, share, follow my RSS feed, or subscribe by email. I’m moderating, so it’s all good.
Other places you can get hold of me:
- email: melanie (dot) marttila (at) gmail (dot) com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/melanie.marttila
- https://twitter.com/MelanieMarttila :
- http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/melanie-marttila/47/680/208 :
- https://plus.google.com/+MelanieMarttila :