Hey y’all! Jay Morris of The Wayward Journey nominated Writerly Goodness for the Sunshine Award 🙂 As Jay says in his post, it was the result one of his resolutions: to encourage other bloggers and foster community online. I think that’s a worthy goal.
First, thanks! It’s nice to be recognized by your fellow bloggers.
Second, here are the rules:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Post the award image to your page.
- Tell seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other blogs.
- Let them know they are nominated.
Numbers 1 and 2 are already taken care of, so without further ado, here are seven facts about me:
- I’m a writing geek (really?). That is, I love words, grammar (yes, grammar), and the whole shebang. I get excited when I write; I don’t even have to be writing particularly well. Writing is my friend, therapist, and spiritual practice rolled into one.
- I’ve been married for eighteen and a half years to a wonderful man. Phil’s my BFF, inspirator (conspirator in inspiration), and makes me laugh my hoop off at least once a day. Yup. I’m hoopless 😀
- I haven’t taken down the Christmas decorations yet, in violation of the standing practice to pack them away January 1st. Maybe I’ll get to it by Ukrainian Christmas? Sadly doubtful. Before the end of January though, for sure.
- I need to know the rules, but often, once I’ve figured them out, I find my own way forward.
- I think my Mom is a “cool mom.”
- I’m terrible at traditional correspondence. I have a friend who, without fail, sends birthday, anniversary, occasional, and sometimes just-for-the-heck-of-it cards. I always get a postcard from her on every vacation. I admire, and secretly envy, this friend 🙂
- After work, I transform into “comfort woman.” She’s a strange creature, who wears flannel and sits at her computer all night … writing, yeah, that’s it … writing.
Now, here are my ma-nominations (doo-doo-da-doo-doo!). Yes, I’m a Muppet maniac 🙂
- Laura Conant Howard – Finding Bliss Fantastic site with all kinds of interviews and book features. Her new book, The Forgotten Ones, is coming out soon! Also follow Laura on FB and Twitter. She will often share when good books are on special – bonus!
- Khara House – Our Lost Jungle Khara is fabulous, and so is her site. She has led several great challenges over the past year that have kept me motivated. Her current: I ❤ my blog. Yup. I’m in it.
- Karen Woodward Karen is a prolific blogger and has a variety of good advice to offer.
- Kim Fahner – The Republic of Poetry Kim is a poet and a teacher, and waxes lyrical on many topics. Just love her 🙂
- Vikki Thompson – The View Outside Vikki invites us to follow along on her writing journey. There’s always something interesting going on at The View Outside 🙂
- Sarah Rios – Riosfan Sarah is hilarious! Become her minion on G+ too and get all the fangrrl goods 🙂
- Lara Britt – Writing Space Lara is a working writer in Hawaii. What a wonderful place to be 🙂
- Claudia Karabaic Sargent – CKSWarriorQueen Another one of my Wordsmith Studio connections (as are Lara B, Lara S, and Khara).
- Lara Schiffbauer – Motivation for Creation Her Funny Friday Photos are always a hoot and I love feeding her fish 🙂 Also, check out her book Finding Meara.
- Brian Braden Brian’s WIP, Black Sea Gods is moving toward publication. He’s been supportive of my project and I just want to return the favour 🙂
There were a lot of blogs that I wanted to feature. If yours isn’t in here, I mean no disrespect.
TTFN blogging buds 🙂
I’ll be back tomorrow with I ❤ my blog, and the Pupdate 🙂